Flex IT Distribution (trade name of Xeptor B.V.), registered at Zaalbergweg 9, 2314 XS Leiden the Netherlands (hereinafter: “Flex IT Distribution”, “we” or “us”) is the controller of processing of personal data obtained through the website www.flexitdistribution.co.uk (hereinafter: “Website”). In this Privacy and cookie statement we explain how we handle the personal data which we obtain from you.
We respect the privacy of our customers and the users of our Website and ensure that the personal information you provide us with is processed in accordance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations and is handled confidentially.
For the purpose of data processing, we comply with the standards according to the data protection laws. This means, amongst others, that:
- we clearly state for which purpose(s) we process the personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we limit collection of personal data to only the personal data which are needed for the legitimate purpose(s);
- we first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- we take adequate security measures to protect your personal data and we require the same from third parties who we entrust to process personal data;
- we respect your right to, upon your request, provide you with insight in, correct, translocate, limit the processing or delete the personal data.
From time to time this privacy and cookie statement will be amended. We will inform you about this by placing an updated version of the privacy and cookie statement on our Website. We recommend you to regularly consult this privacy and cookie statement, in order to stay aware of these changes.
Purpose(s) of data processing
We only process data which you have provided us with yourself through the Website or which we have obtained through your use of the Website. Summarizing, we only process the personal data you have provided us with for the following purposes:
- To process your orders, to inform you about the status of your order and to ensure that your orders are handled as easily and as smoothly as possible (for example by creating a Flex IT Distribution account).
- To personalize the website for you and to be able to recommend you the products which you might find interesting.
- To be able to answer your questions about, amongst others, our products and/or services.
- If you react to any sale discount or prize contest, to be able to process such sale discount of prize contest, to announce the prize winner and to measure the response to our marketing campaigns.
- To place product reviews on our Website and to reward one review with a prize every month.
- If you have granted your prior permission for this, to inform you about the development of the Website and about special offers and sale discounts by means of a weekly newsletter.
- To further develop and improve our website.
In addition phone conversations with the Flex IT Distribution customer service can be recorded for the purpose of training, coaching and appraisal of our staff. The records of such phone calls shall be secured and stored in such way that they are not available for non-authorized persons.
We will not process your personal data in another way than described above, unless you have granted us a prior permission for this, it is necessary for the performance of any agreement that we have concluded with you or we are allowed or obliged to do so pursuant to the law.
Use of personal data
We process the following categories of personal data for the purpose(s) as described in this privacy and cookie statement:
- Name and address (in some cases optional);
- Phone number;
- Payment details;
- Login details;
- The questions you asked to our staff;
- Cookie ID.
We take appropriate security measures to prevent misuse of and unauthorized access to the personal data. In this respect, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to your account data is shielded by a user name and a strong password and that our security measures are assessed on a regular basis. Besides, we use SSL-certificates for a safe transfer of your data and communication.
Providing data to third parties
We will not sell or provide your personal data to third parties without your prior approval or in cases other than necessary for processing of your order. It may also be possible that we are entitled or obliged to share these data based to the law
We offer different services on our Website for which we may ask you for your permission to process your request (i.e. for processing of your question and/or processing of an order). Except for your e-mail address, you can determine yourself which data you will provide us with. The data you send us, will be stored for as long as necessary to execute your order or needed for a full response and processing of your request.
On our Website we offer the visitors a possibility to subscribe for a newsletter by which we will inform them weekly about interesting commercial offers and news about Flex IT Distribution. Your e-mail address will only be added to our subscribers’ list with your permission. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletter, you can inform us about this by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or by using the opt-out possibility by a designated link in the newsletter. The subscribers database will in no case be provided to third parties.
Many cookies have an expiry date. If an expiry date is set, the cookie will be automatically removed once the expiry date has elapsed. You can also choose to remove the cookies manually before the end of the expiry date. Consult the manual of your browser for the instructions.
There are buttons on the Website which make it possible to promote webpages or share them on social media of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube and through Whatsapp. These buttons can be used through a code delivered by these social networks. This code also places a cookie on the device of the website visitor.
Insight and amendment
If you have created a Flex IT Distributionaccount, you can always check and if desired amend your personal settings through your personal settings page. To consult and correct your personal data you can also contact our customer service.
Our customer service will be happy to help if you have any questions or remarks regarding this privacy- and cookie statement or if you want to get insight in your personal data which is processed by us or if you wish to use your rights as a data subject under the current privacy laws. You can contact:
Flex IT Distribution (trade name of Xeptor B.V.)
+31 (0)71 800 1460. Available on business days between 8.30h and 17.30h, firstname.lastname@example.org Post address: PO Box 527, 2300 AM Leiden Internet: www.flexitdistribution.com
Of course we will also be happy to help if you have any complaints regarding the processing of your personal data. Based on the privacy laws, you also have the right to file a formal complaint with the data protection authorities (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). regarding our processing of your personal data. For such, you can contact Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Flex IT Distribution
2314 XS Leiden
BTW nr: NL858321488B01
T: +31 (0)71 800 1400